Last Updated: 6th September 2018
What Does This Policy Cover?
SynApps Solutions Ltd. (“SynApps”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement is intended to describe our privacy practices and provide information about how and why we collect, use and share your personal information when you visit www.synapps-solutions.com or use our services.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data We hold about you. “How can I access my personal information?” will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in “How to Contact Us” to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that We have. Please contact us using the details in “How to Contact Us” to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, We are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling; We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in “How to Contact Us”.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
Information We Collect
This Privacy Statement applies to all personal information which you give to us and / or which we collect automatically from you, either via our website and / or our services and / or which we receive about you from third parties.
Information you give to us when using our website and / or our services
We may collect and process the following personal information you give to us:
- Information that you provide to us by completing the information request form on our site. Such information includes your first name, last name, personal and / or professional contact details;
- Information provided to us when you email email@example.com we may require that you provide us with personal information, such as your name, organization name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number. By sending us an email through firstname.lastname@example.org, we will obtain your email address. It is completely optional for you to provide us with this information and/or engage in these activities.
- Information that you provide to us when you purchase support, cloud hosting or professional services. Such information typically includes your first name, last name, professional contact details, billing address, as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide for us to undertake the services.
- Any other information which you choose to provide to us in the following circumstances: when you complete surveys conducted by us or third parties on our behalf; when you attend conventions, trade shows, and expositions; when you participate in promotions, contests and giveaways; when you register for webcasts, request information or materials (e.g., whitepapers); and when you submit any questions, comments or complaints to us.
Information we automatically collect when you use our sites and / or our services
We may process the following information automatically from your device when you use our website and / or our services:
- Information we may collect about your interaction with our website and services, including IP addresses, MAC addresses, what pages your device visited, the time that your device visited our sites, traffic data, location data, weblogs, other communication data and cookie data (please see the section below entitled “cookies” and our Cookie Statement for further information on this topic).
Information we receive about you from third parties
- Information we receive from third party search engines relating to your search activity.
Should you choose not to do provide the above information it may however not be possible for SynApps Solutions Ltd to provide the information that you are seeking.
How We Use Information
We may use the personal information we collect from you for a range of reasons, including to:
- Provide, operate and maintain the website and our services;
- Process and complete transactions, and send related information, including transaction confirmations and invoices;
- Manage your use of the website and / or services, respond to enquiries and comments and provide customer service and support;
- Analyse your use of the website and / or services for trend monitoring, marketing and advertising purposes;
- Improve the website and services so that they are delivered in the most effective manner for you and customers;
- Send customers technical alerts, updates, security notifications, and administrative communications;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to the services, and other illegal activities;
- Where you have consented to receive such information or where we have another lawful basis for doing so, to contact you via email, SMS or telephone about other offers, products, promotions, developments or services of ours which we think may be of interest to you; and
- For any other purposes about which we notify you and customers.
When we share Information
We may share and disclose your personal information to third parties under any of the following circumstances:
- As may be required for internal purposes;
- As may be required to fulfill orders, to conduct billing, to provide services to and for our customers.
- As required by law where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- To make marketing messages more relevant to you;
- For analysis and filtering of messages and content for spam;
- For research activities, including the production of statistical reports (such aggregated information is used to describe our services to current and prospective partners and other third parties, and is not used to contact the subjects of the report); and
- In the context of a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture (pursuant to a pledge of confidentiality under which the recipient agrees to use the information for no purpose other than carrying out the transaction).
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, We will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law.
How We Protect Information
We use appropriate technical, organisational and administrative measures to protect any personal information we process about you with measures being designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Personal information you provide to us is stored on secure servers operated by us or our third-party providers. We enter into confidentiality agreements which require that care and precautions be taken to prevent loss, misuse, or disclosure of your personal information.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use robust procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
How Can I Access My Personal Data
If you want to know what personal data We have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in ‘How to Contact Us”. To make this as easy as possible for you, a Subject Access Request Form is available for you to use. You do not have to use this form, but it is the easiest way to tell us everything We need to know to respond to your request as quickly as possible.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 30 calendar days of receiving it. Normally, We aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date We receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
Can I Withhold Information?
You may access certain areas of our website without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on website you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
Where Information Is Stored
Personal information collected from you that will be processed by SynApps Solutions is held within the United Kingdom. All staff who access or process this information are in the United Kingdom.
Your information is stored on our servers in the United Kingdom. We will protect your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Links To Other Sites
This site contains links to other sites. We do not control the information collection of sites that can be reached through links from our sites. If you have questions about the data collection procedures of linked sites, please contact those companies directly.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement, then please contact us via e-mail to email@example.com, via telephone 08702 405 143, or in writing to SynApps Solutions Ltd, Titan Court, 3 Bishop Square, Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9NA.